Use the links (ctrl+click) on the scriptures to access the bible verses.
Christianity is so simple that the human race gets confused!
To follow Jesus, we have to love each other; in order to truly love each other, we have to forgive each other. This is the simplicity and the complexity of being a real Christian.
- We try so hard to win the argument that we have forgotten to be gracious.
- We have become so knowledgeable and correct that we have become inflexible.
- We are so fixated on the wrongs done us that we overlook the opportunity to forgive and let things go.
I challenge us to do some things differently today…..
- Do not win the argument
- Do not point out the wrong in others; let your actions gently correct others
- Smile, laugh, and give wholeheartedly
- Help those around you; make someone else happy
- Tell that person that you love him/her; do something special for them
- Release those who have hurt you; do not let your ego get in the way
You will notice a new spring in the footsteps of those you reach out to in this way. More importantly, you will notice a new joy and sense of wellness in your personal life.
This is the mystery of God, and His gift to us through His Son Jesus Christ. It is joy indescribable, and it costs you nothing but humility and obedience.
My challenge to us this day is: dare to love; dare to forgive; dare to live anew!
Remember; love is kind, patient, rejoices in the truth, is not puffed up or envious, seeks the well-being of others, is not easily provoked, does not think evil of others, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, and never fails (1 Corinthians 13:4-8). Take this one step at a time, and as difficult as these actions might seem, if we ask God for help, they become easy.
May the Lord Jesus bless you, and may your week be filled with opportunities to build someone else up!
Your friend along the same path of love and forgiveness,